Tuesday 30 March 2010

Trashed Nash for Clash





No this is isn’t a response to a smutty Sun article about gynaecology. I am in actual fact talking about the Clash of the Titans premiere last night.

I had originally intended to watch Kate Nash filming the Album Chart Show at Koko in Camden but then I learnt Sophie Ellis Bextor and…shudder…Scouting For Girls were also playing. So I decided, guiltily, to ditch Miss Nash for a chance to glimpse the celebrities treading the red carpet in Leceister Square.

I wasn’t disappointed. The gardens in the middle of the square had been fenced off and transformed into a ruined temple with collapsed pillars and cracked steps. Bursts of pyrotechnic flames licked the celebs and lucky punters as they made their way up the steps and along the gangplank into the Empire.

First up was Gemma Arterton, looking rather foxy. She made apologies for not stopping for autographs as she was due on stage at the Garrick Theatre, where she’s currently starring in the Little Dog Laughed.



Nicholas Hoult, Jason Flemyng, Alexa Davalos, Mads Mikkelsen and director Louis Leterrier all scooted into the screening. But most of the excitement was saved for man of the hour Sam Worthington, who plays Perseus in the movie. Apologies for the poor footage but he was too busy listening to his lady friend and the crowd were too busy with their bleedin’ umbrellas. But here y’are…



I have to say, despite the scale of the premiere, the atmosphere was no where near as electric as the Kick Ass premiere the previous week. Though I guess the presence of Brad Pitt kind of elevates any function. I was only there for about five minutes when the bearded one strolled past.



I haven’t had a chance to see either movie yet but my Easter pennies will be well spent at the cinema over the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment